Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Five Senses

Who knows why I'm thinking of this topic. I think its because I was setting up my blog settings and there is an option that lets me list things I like, favorites, etc. And it got my thinking....
My mom has teased me for years that I "smell everything"...it does sound pretty funny I admit.  But think about, think about your five senses. Touch, Taste, Sight, Hearing, and Smell. While the sense of smell is probably my favorite, how do you really pick? 

Touch: someone's arms around you, hot/cold, sex, petting an animal, feel of clean sheets, etc
Taste: a yummy dessert, a home cooked meal by Mom, taste of someone's kisses, a good wine, etc
Sight: a beautiful sunset, watching the flowers bloom in the spring, the colors of fall leaves, seeing your children's smiles, reading a good book, etc.
Hearing: children's laughter, listening to a funny joke, the rain pitter-pattering on the roof, the sound of someone saying I love you, etc
Smell:  clean laundry, fresh cut grass, my Mom, my husband's neck, puppy breath, lotions, shampoos, flowers, fresh air, rain, etc etc....( I could REALLY go on and on about this sense, LOL)

Of course their is yucky stuff that you can touch. taste, see, hear or smell...but so many of us take advantage of even having these fabulous sensors, dont cha think?  I for one, LOVE them all!

What's your favorite? And what are some of your favs of each sense? Hmmmmm.......

No comments:

Post a Comment