Friday, March 30, 2012

Cruel World

You'd think at some point I'd stop being shocked at things that go on in the world. Yet it still never ceases to amaze me.
I was watching the news on my dinner break at work, and I was quickly reminded why I usually only tune in to hear the weather. One lady was arrested for cruely to animals at her very own pet shop. Not only does it make me sick to hear about animal abuse of any kind, but really lady? Why own a pet shop if you don't like animals and are not going to take care of them?  Don't those poor animals have it bad enough living in a little cage, in a store, where people just gawk at them all day? 
Then another lady; a mother of 3, was arrested on suspicion of killing her 8-month old child, who was possibly what police took from the garbage dumpster in her subdivision. Why do people like this have children, and KEEP on having children, if they don't want them? And why are piece of crap people like that; the ones who have no issues getting pregnant and keep on having them, when so many nice and decent people struggle to get pregnant? Not to mention that people who have those mental issues, shouldnt be passing on that gene in an already scary world of murderers, thieves, etc etc.  Total sickening that anyone would do that to a child.
The news went on to try to tell a heartfelt story. A single mom of 2, who gets tons of help and child support from the father of the kids, and who has a steady job. And she was just approved for a house from the housing program of the government (which she has already lived off of for 5 years)  Now don't get me wrong, I think its great for her and her kids. BUT, why does she get to live off of us hardworking tax payers who work hard for all we have, when most of us also have kids and bills that we have to pay for? She doesn't have to work hard, she gets the easy way out, etc....and why, because she is a single mom?  I don't get it. And I can't help but be maddened by it. 
What is this world we live in coming to?    Needless to say, I lost my appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment