Friday, July 13, 2012

EndLess Questions

What has happened to me, I wonder. Has the world hardened me? I used to be sweet, nice, friendly, and of course much cuter. :) Now; I feel I am inpatient, bitchy, unfriendly.  I don't want to be this way. But is there any going back now? Can I revert to the old me? Does that past "nice" version of me even exist anymore?
Or is it actually that the majority of the people you meet are just hard, cold, rude, angry, disrespectful, etc ? Where is that light in people's eyes, the smiles on their faces, the geniune joy to be alive and around others? Including myself, I think many have misplaced all that. Lost it somewhere along the way. The quest for more money, more "things", more happiness, more love, more sex, more friends, more...more...more....its an endless pit of greed and envy. Or is it? Could it just be the need to be the best you and have the best of it all; that is just American, just human?  It seems the negativity too, is everywhere.  Where is that optimism, that zest for life and all you can "go get" and "be"?   I know a few people who still have all this; this joy for life and all else I mentioned most have lost....and I envy them. I study them. I ponder how they got that way, and how I too can be more like that. The answers never come.  Does anyone have these answers, or are they just endless questions? Questions that no professional author, no small-time blogger, and probably no average joe can answer.  Just keep on living, keep on breathing, and keep on trying to be the best you can with the best attitude, eh?!  We'll go with that for now.....

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”
Charles R. Swindoll quotes (American Writer and Clergyman, b.1934)

(I am not religious but like this quote)

"People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered: Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives: Be kind anyway. If you are successful you will win some false friends and true enemies: Succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank people will try to cheat you: Be honest anyway. What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight: Build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous of you: Be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten by tomorrow: Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough: Give your best anyway. You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment