Friday, September 14, 2012

Roll with the punches

“Rolling with the punches” is the ability to deal with difficult situations as they arise. For me, that is often easier said then done. Many people adjust well to change, and love it. I suppose I'm not naturally one of those that likes things out of order or routine too much, that is spontaneous and spur of the moment. I have heard for years from my Mom how I am just one who doesn't like change. I guess she's right.
Yet, I seem to be drawn to friends and people who are opposite of me, who help me "go with the flow" more often.  I realize life is a series of events, often unplanned and always moving. Is it fear that makes me stop dead in my tracks and not stand up tall in the face of change? And how do I rise above this part of me?
I need to let go of my need for control, even if it does feel safer and well, controllable. :) I suppose just letting go sometimes and letting myself breathe, wouldnt be the worst thing possible. In time I will adjust to whatever change I am struggling with, I just need to give myself that time. Instead of trying to run around and force perfection and control, I need to try to just sit back and enjoy the passing moments. Sometimes I just want to slam on the brakes and say "ok wait a min for me to adjust here".  Deep breaths, deeep breaths. I too can roll with the punches, right?! :)  It would be great to punch back with positive power .......

"You had the power all along my dear."   – Glinda the Good Witch.

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” —             William Arthur Ward







No comments:

Post a Comment